Monday, November 22, 2010

Ecstasy in Darkness - By Gena Showalter



Rating: Full Moon (3 out of 5)




A Look Into the Story:
Growing up poor on New Chicago’s meanest streets, Ava Sans had two options: be the predator or be the prey. No contest. Now, working for Alien Investigation and Removal, she’s been ordered to capture the biggest, baddest warrior of all—a vampire too beautiful to be real, with the abilityto manipulate time. Once the leader of the entire vampire army, McKell has been deemed savage and unstable, spurned even by his own kind.To McKell, humans should be nothing more than sustenance. Yet the petite, golden-skinned Ava is a fascinating contradiction—vicious yet witty, strong yet vulnerable, lethal but fiercely loyal. Against his better judgment, McKell craves that loyalty, and much more. When the chase leads to seduction, McKell and Ava will race to discover the truth about his past. But the answers will come at a price, even for a woman who thought she had nothing left to lose.

My Thoughts: Ava and Mckell definitely were an interesting couple in this book; they always teased each other but you could still sense the attraction they towards one another. Mckell definitely gets added to my list of favorite male characters because of his possessive and alpha personality as well as his witty comebacks made him memorable. It was a long book which I didn't mind since I never like it when a book is too short or not nearly long enough for me to really appreciate it and Ecstasy in Darkness was a good length and the story did flow at a good enough pace (not too fast and not painfully slow either) as well as keep me interested in the plot and character development. Still, by the end of the story I was left with a lot of questions that had yet to be answered and I felt a little disappointed by the end because I was unsure of a few things but I'm sure it'll be cleared up later on. Overall I did enjoy the book, but I will always love the Lords of the Underworld series above all else. 



Favorite quote from the story: "mmm, butterscotch" - you can never go wrong with tasty butterscotch ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment